3.1K views

I received a summons today to appear in court for an arbitration hearing involving a company called Midland Funding LLC who is being represented by a law firm called Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore. I have never heard of or received anything from these people.

In 2004, I had to give up my Chevy Blazer because I could no longer afford the payments due to unemployment. Wells Fargo was the title holder and they sold the vehicle for alittle over $7000, leaving a balance of alittle over $14000, this was on March 16, 2004. The summons is saying that that there was a balance of $20,694.25 on Feb 2, 2004 and this is the amount they are suing me for.

One, why are they suing me, when they've never even sent me a bill, and: Two, where did this 20694.25 come from when the receipt attatched to the summons clearly states "Total Amount of Deficiency $14338.83" Where did the other $6300 come from? Is there anything I can do about this? I understand the 14338, but what can I do about the information that appears inaccurate to me? As a full time student, I can't afford the 14K much less 20K!

Had an Experience with Midland Mortgage?

Comments

Hayesville, North Carolina, United States #6045

I JUST RECIEVED A LETTER AS WELL FROM MIDLAND STATING I OWE SOMEONE MONEY WHICH I DONT THINK I DO THEY DONT STATE WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM OR WHO I OWE WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY IS THIS THEY ARE FULL OF B@#*%S :( :upset :roll :? :cry :( :upset :sigh :p

Hastings, Nebraska, United States #4782

classaction lawsuit ! Im in where do I sign up?

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #3624

I received a summons in november. just the other day i received a judgement for 2000 more than i originally owed. Watch out they will take you to court and get a default judgement.

Frankfort, Michigan, United States #3401

I too know the woes of Midland funding LCC.I recently got a court summons clearly out of the blue.

I borrowed money form the bank for a morgage and lost my job. I called my bank first and we agreed to terms that would settle most of this and got it in writing. Then a few weeks later a summons.

No letter of intent to sue or anything.I tried to looks up this bussiness to try and find a phone number or anything and there is nothing on them there seems something shady/dumb about this to me.

Menlo Park, California, United States #2779

I j ust recieved a letter stating that Midland is sueing me also.I tried to look up information and found several links pointing me to this site.

If this is how the company treats people that dont even have any business with them, then i'm sure theres someone that protects my rights.

I dont know who to turn to and as per previous comments i'm just going to wait for my summons and findout.Any comments about who I can talk to would be highly appreciated.

Forestville, California, United States #2509

Yea , they are suing me as well.And I am a single mom/ full time student/ and on assistance.

For a credit card that I never used or signed up for. The credit card company told me I signed up for the card online which had an annual fee which is why I have a balance of $900. I could understand if I charged that amount but 900 dollars for a card I never even used or received. And it shows on my credit report I reported the card lost / stolen / never received 3 times!!!

I hope they pay their lawyers more than 900 dollars for their time! I'm going to countersue them for harassment for the 3 things they have violated. Everyone check with your attorney general to find out what laws protect you under the credit act.

Their low paid nasty representatives often break the laws they are under when they call you!I hate Midland Funding!!!

Chico, California, United States #2334

It would seem that Midland Funding LLC does not know the right way to do things.The only way you find out anything about them is getting a court summons.

No letters of intent to sue, is this actually the person in question, can you make payments, ect. And did anyone notice they are a LLC which means Limited Liability Corporation? What this means by law is that they can be countersued only so much for whatever even if they are proved to be wrong.

Another little tidbit you may not know about, but while an account is in the hands of collection agencies, interest is compounded weekly.With that said I for one am willing to join a classaction suit against them even if we only get one dollar for unethical business practices.