3.1K views

I received a summons today to appear in court for an arbitration hearing involving a company called Midland Funding LLC who is being represented by a law firm called Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore. I have never heard of or received anything from these people.

In 2004, I had to give up my Chevy Blazer because I could no longer afford the payments due to unemployment. Wells Fargo was the title holder and they sold the vehicle for alittle over $7000, leaving a balance of alittle over $14000, this was on March 16, 2004. The summons is saying that that there was a balance of $20,694.25 on Feb 2, 2004 and this is the amount they are suing me for.

One, why are they suing me, when they've never even sent me a bill, and: Two, where did this 20694.25 come from when the receipt attatched to the summons clearly states "Total Amount of Deficiency $14338.83" Where did the other $6300 come from? Is there anything I can do about this? I understand the 14338, but what can I do about the information that appears inaccurate to me? As a full time student, I can't afford the 14K much less 20K!

Had an Experience with Midland Mortgage?

Comments

I received a summons from this "law firm" Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker, and Moore LLC, for a credit card debt that I defaulted on over 12 years ago! They are sending letters to my work now for garnishment! I really don't know what to do, I can't really afford a lawyer!

paramountlaw

Midland Funding is a very large that buyer that buys consumer default did Credit card debt for just pennies on the dollar.In fact, in 2013, Encore Capital, Midland's parent company, reported in its federal annual 10K report that it purchased defaulted consumer debt for an average of 1.3% of the original balance.

If you have been sued by Midland Funding in Oklahoma City or Tulsa County, it is important that you contact an experienced attorney that focuses in the area of debt defense. We handle such cases and provide free consultations to our clients over the telephone.

Please feel free to call Paramount Law if Midland Funding has filed a lawsuit against you!http://paramountlaw.net/midland-funding-llc-dismisses-2

THEY WILL *** YOUR CELL PHONES, TV,COMPUTERS AND HARRASS YOU

Just got summons from midland funding. Like all others here, I dont understand y they have my name, and wonder how to deal with this situation

to lilbit Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #840135

If you have not done so already, you need to file an answer with the Courthouse disputing the lawsuit.Midland will often dismiss a case without a consumer paying anything if the consumer obtains an attorney.

Most consumer protection attorneys can defend these cases for a very reasonable fee, much less than what Midland Funding is demanding in their lawsuit. You should contact a debt defense attorney in your area.

A good place to start locating a consumer lawyer in your state.http://youtu.be/Sg2zhj4KD_w

Richmond Hill, Georgia, United States #706609

FYI--Saw my bank account was hit with a $6,094.15 "PENDING TRANSACTION".Go to bank to let them know that there's a mistake.

MIDLAND FUNDING has a garnishment. Don't know who they are, never received letter, summons, certified mail--NOTHING!!! I thought garnishments were processed through employers?

The bank said it's a hold on my ACCOUNT for that much and there is nothing they can do.Trying to get "LEGAL PAPERWORK" that the bank was provided to allow this.

to NOT HAPPY Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #840136

You should contact a consumer protection attorney that focuses on Fair Debt Collection (FDCPA).If you never received notice of this lawsuit prior to the garnishment, then it is likely that Midland or its attorneys falsely advised the court that they had served you with the lawsuit.

A good place to look for consumer protection attorneys in your state is the National Association of Consumer Advocates, their website is http://www.naca.net.

Click on "Locate an Attorney." Good luck.

Back in 2010 I had this company come after me for a credit card that I did owe threw a lawyer.I paid it off with a pay out amount and not even a year later another company came after me for the same credit card.

I explained to them and faxed the papers from the court and lawyer showing was paid off...year later another one tried to collect and had to do the same thing.

Today I got another letter ( been 3 years now) stating they wanted to collect the debt I owed but paid off.This company obviously did not send the money to the credit card company I owed it to and pocketed over 2,000.00 and now my credit is screwed up and I can't get any answers from this company!!!!!!

My mom received a letter from them too. It looked really odd because the address was wrong and when I looked up whether or not the court case was in file it said not such case existed. Should I still be worried??

Olathe, Kansas, United States #664334

GO Immediately and contact my pals Attorneys for Consumers.These are legit attorneys and will not charge you a penny to take your case if these guys are what they sound like...zombie debt collectors.

I have used the above law group for years as has everyone in my family.

Look them up online.They are ethical.