2K views

TODAY I WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST MIDLAND MORTGAGE WITH THE NEW FEDERAL CONSUMER BANKING AGENCY. LIKE MANY OTHERS' COMPLAINTS I'VE SEEN ON THIS WEBSITE AND RIP-OFF, I WAS A VICTIM OF CITIMORTGAGE SELLING MY MORTGAGE TO MIDLAND MORTGAGE. FIRST, WHEN I RECEIVED NOTICE FROM BOTH CITI AND MIDLAND, THERE WAS NOTHING ON THE ENVELOP STATING "IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MORTGAGE" OR "DO NOT DESTROY -IMPORTANT INFORMATION". THE NOTICES OF THE CHANGE OF SERVICERS CAME IN WHAT LOOKED LIKE JUNK MAIL. IN FACT WHEN I OPENED THE MIDLAND MATERIAL BECAUSE IT CAME BEFORE THE CITI MATERIAL, I IMMEDIATELY WENT TO THE INTERNET TO BEGIN MY RESEARCH. AND I DID NOT LIKE WHAT I READ. PISSED OFF CONSUMER WAS 4TH ENTRY ON THE WEB SO I READ IT FIRST!!!

ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

1. BE SURE TO SEND THE DECLARATION PAGE OF YOUR HOMEOWNERS' INSURANCE SO MIDLAND CANNOT STICK YOU INTO A HIGHER INSURANCE POOL. ALSO IF YOU ESCROW FOR TAXES AND INSURANCE, SEND YOUR LAST ESCROW STATEMENT FROM CITI TO MIDLAND SO MIDLAND WILL KNOW YOUR HOMEOWNERS' INSURANCE IS PAID.

2. WHEN YOUR PAYMENT STUB ARRIVES, WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL, HUD, OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER OF CURRENCY, AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MIDLAND'S PRESIDENT KEN CLARK. SEND THIS LETTER REGISTERED TO THE GRAND AVENUE, OKC ADDRESS. (YOU CAN GET THE EXACT ADDRESSES OFF THE INTERNET)

3. IN YOUR LETTER COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENT IS CONTAINED ON MIDLAND'S STUB COMPARED TO CITI. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST, TAXES, INSURANCE AND HOW EACH PAYMENT IS APPLIED EVERY MONTH.

4. COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW DIFFICULT MIDLAND MORTGAGE'S PHONE SYSTEM IS TO NAVIGATE. THE CONSTANT RAMBLING INFORMATION FROM ONE OPTION TO THE NEXT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TALK TO A LIVE HUMAN BEING. FOR WORKING PEOPLE THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. FOR PEOPLE SUFFERING FINANCIAL HARDSHIP IT DRIVES YOU TO DRINK!!

5. LET IT BE KNOWN THERE ARE ONLY 50 CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TO SERVE THOUSANDS OF LOANS. EVEN IF 1% OF LOANS ARE TROUBLED THIS IS SORELY INSUFFICIENT STAFFING.

6. WRITE ABOUT THE LACK OF AUTHORITY MIDLAND STAFF HAS TO MAKE AN IMPORTANT DECISION IN RESOLVING YOUR ISSUE.

7. EXPLAIN THE REPEATED FEES, INACCURACIES IN CALCULATION OF YOUR LOAN, AND HOW PAYMENTS ARE MISAPPLIED. IN MY CASE, NOT ONLY WAS THE AMOUNT PER MONTH WAS CALCULATED INACCURATELY BUT SO WAS MY ESCROW ACCOUNT. THEREFORE DO THE MATH. IF YOU BANK ELSEWHERE FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNTS TAKE YOUR ESCROW AND MONTHLY STATEMENT TO YOUR OTHER BANKER FOR ASSISTANCE.

8. IF YOU REFINANCE AS I AM, REFUSE TO PAY THE FEES FOR MOVING YOUR LOAN FOR REFINANCING.

9. ALSO COMPLAIN ABOUT MIDLAND MORTGAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF TOLD MY REFINANCER MIDLAND COULD NOT GIVE THEM PAYOFF INFO WITHOUT MY AUTHORITY. THIS IS NOT THE STANDARD OF PRACTICE IN THE BANKING BUSINESS NOR IS CHARGING A FEE TO RELEASE THIS INFORMATION.

10. FINALLY, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH WWW.CONSUMERFINANCE.GOV. I PROMISE TOGETHER WE WILL BRING FORCES TO BEAR ON MIDLAND AND POSSIBLY EVEN MAY BRING THEM UNDER THE MICROSCOPE OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

EVERYONE OUT THERE NO MATTER YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES MUST BE HEARD. MILITARY AND VA PEOPLE ESPECIALLY MAKE THE CONSUMERFINANCE.GOV. AWARE OF YOUR STATUS. IF YOU ARE SENIOR CITIZENS MAKE YOUR STATUS KNOWN. iF YOU'VE LOST YOUR JOB OR IN ILL HEALTH, MAKE THAT KNOWN. ONE PERSON CANNOT EFFECT CHANGE BUT MANY VOICES DEMAND CHANGE. GOOD LUCK

Had an Experience with Midland Mortgage?

Comments

I too have problems with midland aquiring my loan for the past 5 years has been charging me inspections fee'd for a total of over $1900 and no one has ever come to my house or has never advised me on an inspection.. CS told me that the charge is automatically place on my account when am late with a payment???? What????

We lost our home two years ago after having our home 12 years. What a bad company. No help, they are just in the business of resales, that's it.

Vivian

I'm a loan officer with over 20 years experience.While I believe Midland is the nighmare you all make it out to be, I see some complaints that aren't true.

For instance, a payoff statement usually costs about $25-75 but only if you close a loan. Also, a payoff amount is higher than your balance but from $68,000 to $72,000 doesn't sound right. But feel free to contact me with any questions. I'd be glad to offer my professional opinion and advise.

And I can refinance you myself if your home is in Colorado. Or let you know if another offer is good. If not, I have contacts for all 50 states with loan officers from real banks like US Bank or Bank of the West. I wouldn't even be paid.

My goal is to show you we loan officers didn't casue the credit crisis.

It's the big lenders and Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd.dsmith@equilane.com

Kebo72

Midland Mortgage bought my loan from Citi Mortgage and with my payoff from Citi being$68,000 and when it went to Midland my payoff amount went up to $72,000. Can anyone give me advice on which of these companies I need to contact to resolve this?

to Kebo72 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States #585971

I actually work at Midland,If it went up it could have been because they paid taxes on the loan or your Escrow balance was negative.You should contact Midland and they will explain it to you.They are not in business to rip people off.

to Anonymous Garland, Texas, United States #1010103

Midland, including you and Citimortgage (Bank) are a bunch of CROOKS. You have to be a LOW LIFE *** if you believe your companies HORSE ***!

to Anonymous Columbus, Ohio, United States #638245

BS, they are absolutley in the business to rip people off, in the 5 years since my mortgage went to midland, because of escrow (fraud) my payment went up from 650ish to 988, of course that got me behind, then a few months later the company i worked for closed up, midland had no programs to help out, except for me to pay interest for a year and then at the end of that there would be a 22000 dollar payment due, yes 3 zeros folks, much to their suprise I did it! Now thru raising my isurance mt escrow was short again and my payment went up again, they are absolute theives.

to Angry #836984

I am going through the same thing with Midland mortgage.They unknowingly put a forced insurance on my property.

My mortgage balance is 58K after 24 years living in the house (by the way I bought it for 80K 24 years ago). I paid them 30K to reinstate my loan after 16 months in foreclosure. My previous payment before foreclosure was about $1200.

Now 3 months after reinstatement and 30K in their pocket they sent me a payment booklet for about $2200 a month on a 58K.I wonder who is policing those bandits because now I cannot make my payments even after I buy my own homeowner's insurance.

we are losing our home.we went through a loan modification agreement with midland mortgage and 3 months later they jumped up our payment 125.00 which we could not afford to pay.

we started off with a 650.00 payment and in the 5 years we were with midland mortgage we ended at 950.00. that may not seem like alot, but we were already strapped. after they jumped up our payment we were not able to afford to pay it. now we are losing our home.

someone is going to buy our house at auction for probably less then 50,000. they will be paying less than 500.00 a month for the house we were paying 795.

on and they would not lower it any more...doesn't make sense to me.this country is *** backwards.