• show-popup

Shares 0

Midland Mortgage - Midland Funding LLC Suing me, who are they?

Company Midland Mortgage
Product / Service Delinquent Account Purchase
Location St. Louis, Missouri
Category Loans and Mortgages
Views 1323

I received a summons today to appear in court for an arbitration hearing involving a company called Midland Funding LLC who is being represented by a law firm called Blatt Hasenmiller Leibsker & Moore. I have never heard of or received anything from these people.

In 2004, I had to give up my Chevy Blazer because I could no longer afford the payments due to unemployment. Wells Fargo was the title holder and they sold the vehicle for alittle over $7000, leaving a balance of alittle over $14000, this was on March 16, 2004. The summons is saying that that there was a balance of $20,694.25 on Feb 2, 2004 and this is the amount they are suing me for.

One, why are they suing me, when they've never even sent me a bill, and: Two, where did this 20694.25 come from when the receipt attatched to the summons clearly states "Total Amount of Deficiency $14338.83" Where did the other $6300 come from? Is there anything I can do about this? I understand the 14338, but what can I do about the information that appears inaccurate to me? As a full time student, I can't afford the 14K much less 20K! 308c44d

Comments (187) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 187 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 21
THEY WILL *** YOUR CELL PHONES, TV,COMPUTERS AND HARRASS YOU

Dec 23, 2013
Just got summons from midland funding. Like all others here, I dont understand y they have my name, and wonder how to deal with this situation
Reply to lilbit

Aug 25, 2013  from Richmond Hill, Georgia
FYI--Saw my bank account was hit with a $6,094.15 "PENDING TRANSACTION". Go to bank to let them know that there's a mistake. MIDLAND FUNDING has a garnishment. Don't know who they are, never received letter, summons, certified mail--NOTHING!!! I thought garnishments were processed through employers? The bank said it's a hold on my ACCOUNT for that much and there is nothing they can do. Trying to get "LEGAL PAPERWORK" that the bank was provided to allow this.
Reply to NOT HAPPY

Jul 20, 2013
Back in 2010 I had this company come after me for a credit card that I did owe threw a lawyer. I paid it off with a pay out amount and not even a year later another company came after me for the same credit card. I explained to them and faxed the papers from the court and lawyer showing was paid off...year later another one tried to collect and had to do the same thing. Today I got another letter ( been 3 years now) stating they wanted to collect the debt I owed but paid off. This company obviously did not send the money to the credit card company I owed it to and pocketed over 2,000.00 and now my credit is screwed up and I can't get any answers from this company!!!!!!

Jul 09, 2013
My mom received a letter from them too. It looked really odd because the address was wrong and when I looked up whether or not the court case was in file it said not such case existed. Should I still be worried??
Reply to jessica

Jun 13, 2013  from Olathe, Kansas
GO Immediately and contact my pals Attorneys for Consumers. These are legit attorneys and will not charge you a penny to take your case if these guys are what they sound like...zombie debt collectors. I have used the above law group for years as has everyone in my family. Look them up online. They are ethical.
Reply to allisun

Aug 22, 2013  from Foley, Alabama
These scums buckets have tried to sue me for years also. I am finally ready to go to war. I am taking your advice and contacting someone in the group you mentioned. I sure hope I don't get stiffed !
Reply to Trish

Aug 28, 2013
what is the name of your pal's attorney??

Aug 08, 2012
From personal experience if we are referring to a Mr. Blatt (of Margolis, Pritzker, etc) this guy is a low life. class action in his near future.
Reply to Watch out

Jun 14, 2012
Was notified by my employer that Midland Funding LLC is having my wages garnished, never even heard of these people. Find out something was filed in court here in LA, but I never received anything. What can I do to stop this? I don't know of anyone I owe $3200.00, and I know I don't owe it to Midland Funding LLC.
Reply to Dawn

Jun 11, 2013  from Houston, Texas
Midland Funding goes under a lot of names, what they do to rack up your amount owed is they set up 2 or more companies with different names, & they buy your debt from a company, & keep it for a bit, than they tack on all this interest & than sell it to a sister company so they are really not really out of any money, but they say there is a fee for everything because they sell it, but come on it is a sister company so there are no incurred expenses. Than they keep selling it back & forth & that is how you end up owing them a ton of money. They even go after you through several of their companies in hopes that you will pay your one debt up to 3 or more times, file bankruptcy do not give them a dime, it is a *** company that does things legally but in a *** way because the consumer does not know how to handle debt collectors do your research on them
Reply to Emma

Aug 28, 2013
you have the legal right to look up your states laws on notifications and require the other party to show evidentiary proof of service. I have won 3 times in court under there alias and am preparing a law suit for deformation of credit and character! war is on you need to do the same and start fighting back! It is fraud to claim they are "representing" a company when in fact they purchased the debt! The collection amount can be fought down to there purchase amount or if damage has been done reverse liability!

Jun 08, 2012
How can midland funding sue me for back taxes in 2007 in michigan when they weren't licensed to practice in mnichigan?
Reply to donna

Mar 09, 2012
I missed a summoms date due to being out of the state and did not get home until after the 20 day deadline. Not I have received a notice of intent to take default. I have prepared a debt collercor disclosure statement to send to Midland. What is my next step? I'm on SS disability, so I know they can't take that money out of my checking account. Thanks
Reply to Birdie Craig

Jun 11, 2013  from Houston, Texas
Midland targets people who have moved & who they know they can not get a hold of because legally they have to attempt to contact you, but if they can not find you, they can move forward to take legal action, they are a company who knows the law, if they contact you deny that it is your account even if it is, just so that they can pass it on to another debt collector, a better one that will be honest with you at least or file bankruptcy
Reply to emma

Feb 08, 2012
i don,t know what to do,,, i just started with this company, since city mortage got rid of me, but i have not received any call, from this people, i started to worry because my first payment with them, i was late, an they send me a letter, then they just ignored me, i need an advice, can i change to aother company??
Reply to maurilio ....

Feb 04, 2012
I just a letter in the mail telling me that a lawsuit was filed on me Feb, 2 2012 by Midland Funding LLC in the amount of $8,820.45. I am an disable man since 2005. I am still disable and can not work. Now I know I could not pay for a credit card do to my income drop. I only make 1600 a month from my disable check. I do not recall any of my credit cards being that high. What do I do?
Reply to TerryakaHouston

Read next Midland Mortgage complaint

Midland Funding is RUINING MY LIFE

I DO owe money and have tried to set up fair payment arrangements with Midland Funding LLC.one of th...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Midland Mortgage.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug