Midland Mortgage - Midland Funding, LLC

Feb 04, 2008
review #112386

Apparently this company has been after a lot of people...the question is who are they? After some research, I did manage to get a phone #:

(858) 560-2600. This is a # outside of CA. Their website has no information and keeps connecting to a web browser. I think these people are fraudulent.

Before today, I had never received nor heard of the company, Midland Funding, LLC. If anyone out there has actually had to go to court with these people, please post your experience.

I hope the phone # helps for anyone out there who is looking to contact this so-called company.

Good luck!

9c4c977
Had an experience with Midland Mortgage?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Am there

May 21, 2011

I was just sued by Midland LLC. I didn't get to go to the hearing because a non oral hearing was set up and the judge made a decision without a hearing. I wrote a letter to the judge upon the advise of a court clerk for the non oral hearing. I didn't really even understand what that hearing was about or what it meant until I called back and was told what that meant. What a mess. So now I have a judgement against me that I cannot pay. I feel like they are blood suckers and I will say no more.

Paybacks a Bitch

Apr 18, 2011

There's a class action lawsuit recently filed against this company. We'll all get about $10 back each for all their *** they caused though.

Susanmorgione@howardhanna.com

Apr 01, 2011

They court ordered 5400 out of my savings and are still reporting I owe them money they said they will take it off my credit report that was a year ago and 200 phone calls and it is still there.

Joan

Jan 23, 2011

I received a letter from my bank stating that Midland Funding LLC froze my bank account with a legal citation and a judgement entered against me on 11/18/10. I had no idea. Now all my bills are late because my bank account is frozen and I can't pay anything.

Can anybody help with how to get this fixed?

Kim

Oct 24, 2010

Pressler and Pressler will not give up they got a judgement against me I filed a motion on my own and am due in court tomarrow they claim to be repersenting midland funding LLC from what I have heard they are midland funding so how can they sue for a company they own.

Been There

Oct 15, 2010

Try Midland Credit Management 800-825-8131. They are part of Midland Funding and act as the collections side.

PKS

Aug 30, 2010

What if you didn't show up for court and got a judgement against you? How can you fight it legally? Is there a way to still get it dismissed?

erica from RI

Jul 06, 2010

my mother was jus served papers they are suing for 4000$ she neither ever herd of them...court date was listed jan 6 2010, no phone numbers no new date...very strange

Allison

Jun 21, 2010

I was sued by Midland Funding for $950.00 they could not prove that I owed the debt so they drop the case however I counter sue and won $2000.00 plus my attorney got paid from them too. If you are sued by them; SUE THEM BACK. If you live in California, contact Ian Chowdury,he is the best and has won many lawsuits against these *** bags.

Audit the mortgage companies

Jun 18, 2010

You all need audits. I had one and multiple violations were found and waiting results of audit that shows were it is in the servicing pools as that/those person/people is/are the one/ones that own the note. Not midland. Contact me and I will let you know where I got my audits from.

Claudia

Jun 17, 2010

it's weird I received the sue too and went to the court to get the proof of service was true. I'd sued by this company, but I live in Mexico actually I even be an citizenship or permanent resident, jaja I'll see this people on court to see what they want because I don't have crdits cards, loan car or house in usa only a relative leaves here

What do I do

May 18, 2010

I received a summons for court, I have no idea what this is for. I wrote the court and explained and just received another date. How do I defend myself to these people ? I am working and take care of my disabled son and don't have time for this ?

Paige

May 01, 2010

Midland Funding basically buys charged off or really old accounts for pennies on the dollar. They then sue you for the old debt because 90% of the people will not dispute it or don't show up for court. Even if you get a letter stating that they will give 50% - They are still making a HUGE profit off you. If you don't respond or show up to court after being summoned - then they win the judgement. Most people can have their silly lawsuit dismissed by: 1.) ask for proof of the account - most don't have any backup. If they don't then the court will dismiss the suit.
2.) Look at the statue of limitations on credit card debt. It ranges from 2-10 years on credit cards. It could be from the last time you charged or from the last time you spoke with them, depending on your state. If it has been long enough, just write that on your court response and the judge would have to dismiss the case.

Good luck everyone and look up your consumer rights on the FTC. Some of these creditor tactics are just plain annoying and they deserve to go out of business!

Mel

Mar 11, 2010

does anyone know the website for this collection agency??? :(

being hounded by midlad

Feb 10, 2010

My husband and i kept getting calls at all hours from midland. they said we owed 1,000 dollar to capital one for a credit card in 2004. but we have NEVER had a crdit card at all!!! I then called capital one who confirmed that neither me or my husband had ever had anything from them. So i called midland back and asked the guy if he could send us proof of some sort and then we would see about a payment plan if the debt was lagit. He assured me that i do owe this money but since i was refusing to pay they would take me to court and when i told him that all i wanted was ANY sort of proof he started yelling at me and refused to let me speak. I yelled back and got just as nasty to him as he was to me and they havent called since!

Alissa

Feb 04, 2010

I actually just settled 2 accounts with Midland Funding, LLC and all seemed fine. However, I am trying to settle this last one I have with them and they can't tell me how much it's for until I get a copy of a judgement that was filed against me that I never new about. I have been trying since August to get the rep to set me up on a pmnt plan and I have yet to have that done. They keep charging me interest and the account is from 2001!!! Not really sure what to do here. I have a number for them that might help you guys. 800-825-8131.

nate

Feb 02, 2010

has anyone called this place and tried to settle? if so how much of a percentage will they take. i just got a letter in the mail saying i owe 2300 on a card i had a 1500 limit on. i settled with bank of america on 6500 for 1300. how much should i offer on 2300?

teek

Jan 31, 2010

Midland they are *** JDB's...Fight them back...they will not have Paperwork to beat you...I have beat them twice (actually settled with them for pennies on the dollar after getting all of their motions dismissed)

Sanford

Jan 20, 2010

I am sure some of these claims are fruadulent; however, if a creditor has unsuccessfully exhausted all its efforts in trying to collect a debt, it will next pass the account to a collection agency, who tries even harder (and sometimes not fairly). If you are so worried about your credit, do not fall behind on your bills and this will not happen.

Ronnie

Jan 19, 2010

:( I am being sued by these people, but I have no information on them. Can anyone help. Is this agency a fraud?

1-20 of 50 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Midland Mortgage.
Filing a new complaint about
×